Printers are one of the easiest devices to set up and configure. Here are the basic steps to set up a new printer:
1. Connect the printer’s power cable.
Plug in the printer's power cable and make sure it's turned on.
2. Connect the printer-to-console cable.
Connect the included cable (usually a USB cable) from the printer to the computer.
3. Read the printer’s instruction sheet.
See whether you need to install software before turning the printer on.
4. On your computer, locate the Printer settings.
- If you're using a Windows computer, you'll find these in the Control Panel.
- If you're using a Mac, you'll find them in System Preferences.
5. Look for the option to Add a printer, then follow the instructions that appear.
6. Now you can try printing something. For example, you could try printing this test page. Settings > Printers & scanners > Select new printer > Manage
After your click manage, the following display will appeared. Choose Print a test page.
7. The item then will be printed.